People are always asking me what exactly a Health Coach does. I respond that as a health coach, I help people find balance and learn to live their best life possible. Health coaches help you understand your lifestyle habits and then work with you to address those habits and improve on them. One of the best things about Health Coaching is that it is customized to fit each individual’s needs and goals. Since every one of us is different, there is no one size fits all approach to health coaching. Health coaching sessions can cover everything from stress reduction to weight loss/gain, healthy eating and learning how to grocery shop efficiently to healthy relationships as well as everything in between. The majority of people can benefit from health coaching as long as they are committed and ready for change.
There are many reasons people seek the help of a Health Coach, accountability being one of the most important. More often than not, it is very hard to make lifestyle changes and stick to them long-term. Checking in with someone on a routine basis holds you accountable and keeps you honest with yourself. Health coaches help you find the motivation and resources needed to keep on going in the direction of your goals as well as give you support every step of the way.
What are some of the reasons people have a health coach? There are numerous reasons to have a health coach, the following are some of the more common reasons:
- Feeling constantly stressed out
- Chronic fatigue
- Being ready to make lifestyle changes (i.e. working out regularly, healthy cooking) but unsure how to start
- Tired of being overweight or you recently gained weight and have been unsuccessful in losing it
- You want to prepare more of your own meals and avoid processed foods
- Tired of going on and off diets and ready to make healthy living your lifestyle
- Constant cravings
- You feel bad more often than good
- You are confused about all of the food lingo i.e. GMO’s, organic, all natural, erythritol, gluten-free, etc.
To learn more about the concepts discussed and what is included with your health coaching sessions, click here. AME offers different options depending on your health coaching needs, to find out more, click here and/or send me an email: Alyssa@amesalonandspa.com or call AME today to schedule a Words of Wellness session. What are you waiting for? You deserve this. I’m looking forward to talking with you!
I found this recipe for Rosemary and Thyme Loaf on Food Matters and it was delicious. I’m not gluten-free but this recipe is! Next time I make it, I plan on adding some pecans.